Stockport Food Bank a Continuing Success due to Generous Food Donations and Financial Support
The Trussell Trust Stockport food bank is a continuing success thanks to on-going food donations and financial support. Express Solicitors are proud to have the organisation as a nominated charity and it’s great to know the valuable work they do helps those most at need in the local community.
Below are some statistics about the Stockport Food Bank:
- In the last 12 months the Stockport Food Bank has fed almost 7,000 people.
- As each emergency food parcel contains enough food for 3 days (x 3 meals), this equals 63,000 meals!
- In the last financial year they have distributed over 35 tons of food.
- The Stockport Food Bank is now able to provide nappies and baby wipes to young mums.
- They have also expanded to a new base in Bredbury, so food can now be distributed from 3 centres across the district.
South Stockport Foodbank backed by Express Solicitors
Express Solicitors is supporting the South Stockport Foodbank with a £2,000 donation to help set up the project, the time of Express Solicitors Business Development Manager and PR consultant to help it gain maximum publicity in the press and on the radio and a donation of 20 food parcels.
It will be down to care professionals such as social services, doctors, health visitors, social workers and Citizens Advice to identify those people in crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher that can be redeemed in exchange for three days’ worth of emergency food.