Start your claim

Slips, trips and falls in public places claims

Slips, trips and falls are common; both in the workplace and in general – but the results can be devastating. If you’ve been injured as a result  and have suffered physically and/or financially you could well be entitled to compensation – so it’s vital you know the law so you can put the wheels in motion.

Last updated on April 26th, 2021

Call: 0161 904 4661 Start your claim

Daniel Slade Express Solicitors

Get the best legal team on your side

  • Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
  • We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
  • Early payments to cover your expenses*
  • We win the cases other firms can’t
  • Fully independent, and fully regulated.

* Where applicable

Common occurrences of slips & trips

As we mentioned, they can happen anywhere – either in the work place or in a personal context. See below for a list of common places in which slips and trips can occur:

  • Shopping Centres
  • Supermarkets
  • Restaurants
  • Bars, Pubs & Nightclubs
  • Public Places


Britian is currently facing a pothole epidemic – the impact of this for road users is obvious, but a more tacit consequence is the effect it has on pedestrians tripping when crossing the road.

In 2011, an AA study found an average of 14.9 potholes in a one hour exploratory walk around their local area. This has risen from 2010’s average of 12.9 despite extra repairs made by local authorities on remedying the situation.

Furthermore, potholes can occur in pavements themselves and present a risk of serious injury for any pedestrian.

Are you eligible to make a slip or trip claim?

Anyone could be eligible to make a claim, whether you’ve suffered from broken bones or even more severe long-term injuries, and our solicitors will be able to advise on the best way to take your claim to the next level.

Why choose us?

No Win No Fee

Our solicitors can take on your claim on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, helping to ensure you get the compensation you deserve and letting you get your life back on track.

Professional service

We offer a professional and personal service to give the added confidence that you need, ensuring that everything is under control as we take care of your claim, and with our level of expertise you can be sure that we’ll work hard to achieve the best outcome possible.

See our four service promises for more information about what we guarantee to you as our client.

Contact us today

If you have suffered a personal injury from falling, tripping or slipping, or have a compensation claim which falls under the occupier’s liability act, please call us today and arrange for a free assessment and legal advice, provided by a specialist solicitor.

Call us on 0161 904 4661

Lines are open now and our legal advisors are on standby to tell you if you can make a claim.

Call: 0161 904 4661

Start your claim online

Complete our simple form to receive a call back from our expert legal team.

Start your claim