Traffic and Motorway Claims
If you have been injured in a motorway accident, or your car has been damaged, you may be able to claim financial compensation, which can help you pay for repairs to your vehicle, medical or rehabilitation fees or bills incurred during a period spent out of work.
Although motorways are often said to be the safest roads in Britain, when crashes do occur they are amongst the most serious. At Express Solicitors, we specialise in helping clients claim compensation for accidents caused by the negligent driving of others.
UK Motorway Accidents Am I Eligible to Claim Compensation?
According to statistics published by the Department for Transport (DfT), driver error is responsible for as much as 90% of motorway accidents. If your injury or accident was caused by another individual’s error, you may be eligible to claim compensation. Typically, injuries caused by motorway accidents include:
- severe whiplash
- bone fractures
- head injuries
- spinal injuries
Serious motorway accidents may also lead to fatalities, due to the high speeds involved.
All the aforementioned injuries have the potential to leave you unable to work or seriously debilitated for a lengthy period of time, resulting in a significant loss of earnings, not to mention a hefty medical bill.
The Police make the following recommendations, designed to ensure you avoid becoming involved in, or causing, a motorway accident:
- adjust your driving according to weather conditions, for instance slow down in heavy rain or fog, or if cold conditions may have caused ice to form on the road surface;
- ensure there is at least a two second gap between you and the vehicle in front; if you are feeling tired or unwell, pull into the next motorway service station and take a break;
- do not use a mobile phone, or distract yourself in any other way, for instance by playing music at an excessively loud volume or wearing headphones;
- obey the speed limit at all times;
- keep left, except when overtaking.
Contact Express Solicitors
If you are uncertain of whether you are eligible to make a claim for compensation following a motorway accident that was not your fault, the team of personal injury solicitors at Express will be happy to provide an initial consultation, advising you on the best way to start your claim.
Call 0161 904 4660 or complete our enquiry form, to start your compensation claim today.