Express Solicitors Limited is a law firm operating in the UK offering professional legal services to individuals looking to claim compensation in respect of injury or illness and any related losses.
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice relates to the use of the following websites hereafter collectively described as “our sites”:
This policy does not cover any external sites that may be accessed from links on our sites and that are not owned and administered by Express Solicitors Limited.
In respect of your personal data collected by your use of our sites, Express Solicitors Limited acts as a Data Controller within the definition of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data Express Solicitors Limited collects from you, how that information is collected and processed and for what purpose and the lawful basis on which the processing of your personal data is conducted. This notice also explains your rights in respect of any of your personal data being processed by Express Solicitors.
Express Solicitors Limited’s registered address is Resolution House, 319 Palatine Road, Northenden, Manchester, M22 4HH. Telephone: 0161 904 4660. Email: email@example.com
Express Solicitors Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales, registration number 08458462. Express Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA number 612741.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to the above registered address or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data do we process?
Our sites use tracking cookies. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
When you use the Live Chat feature or make comments on any articles that allow comments we will capture your email address and IP address in addition to any name you provide and any information typed in the Live Chat or comments box. This information is saved to the site’s database.
When you complete any of the contact forms on our sites the information you provide will be transmitted via email to us. We do not save any of the information you enter into the forms on to the site’s database and we do not save any tracking information such as browser, computer or mobile device type however this may be transmitted via email along with the information you have entered.
Information sent via the enquiry forms will be stored in our email systems and for claim related enquiries, in our case management system and any backup copies of such data.
What do we use your data for?
Your personal data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
- To ensure that comments on our posts and Live Chats can be replied to if necessary and to ensure that the comments function is not being abused. We do this as it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that comments are adding value to the articles and to respond to any comments in the interest of good public relations.
- To respond to enquiries made via our sites. This may depend on the nature of the enquiry we may do this on the basis that we are preparing to enter into a contract with the enquirer or it is necessary for the performance of an existing contract. In the absence of an existing relationship we will process your data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to respond to enquiries made via our sites.
Sources of your personal data
We process information provided by you directly through the use of enquiry forms, comments function or any live chat feature. We also process some information collected along with the enquiry regarding your IP address, device and browser version however this is not information that can be used by us to identify you.
In the event that a user of our sites makes an enquiry providing the personal data of another person, a separate privacy notice may apply to the third party which will be provided accordingly.
Sharing your personal data
If we need to share data you have provided using one of the enquiry forms after it has been reviewed by our relevant team, this will be covered by a separate privacy notice which will be provided accordingly.
If we publish comments made on our posts the comments along with the name you provide will be available publicly to our website users.
Sharing your data outside the European Union
We will not actively share data provided by you via our sites with anyone outside of the European Union (EU). Due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee that your connection to our website does not utilise servers based outside the EU.
If information provided by you via our sites becomes part of the data we hold in relation to a claim then this may change however this will be covered under a separate privacy notice.
How long will we keep your data?
When you comment on a post or use the Live Chat feature, information you provide and information collected automatically will be stored by the site’s database. If published comments and the underlying data will be kept for as long as the post remains published. If unpublished then comments and the underlying data will be deleted following a regular review.
When you have used Live Chat, a transcript will be sent to us via email and if it relates to a claim may end up on our case management system. Please see below for our claim related data retention policy. The copy of the data stored by the site’s database will be deleted following a regular review.
Information provided through contact forms is not stored on our site’s database however information you provide will be stored in email form and potentially on our case management system.
For claim related data our standard retention policy is 10 years from the date we close our file. If the claimant is under 18 at the time we close our file then we will retain all data for 10 years from the claimant’s 18th birthday.
Some enquiries we receive via our website classify as spam. We do not have a set retention policy in relation to spam however it will generally be deleted upon discovery and not stored.
Your personal data rights
In respect of your personal data being processed by Express Solicitors Limited:
- You have the right to ask us what personal data we are processing about you and request access to or copies of that information.
- You have the right to request that your personal data which is inaccurate, or incomplete is rectified.
- You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted however we may have the right to continue processing your data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data where the grounds we rely upon are our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. Upon receiving an expression of objection, we will review the grounds for processing and respond accordingly. Where we are processing for direct marketing purposes you have the right to object at any time and we will cease processing for such purposes where an objection is received.
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making processes including profiling however Express Solicitors Limited does not employ any automated decision-making processes.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data:
- where the accuracy is contested while this is investigated;
- where the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the data to be deleted;
- where we no longer need to process the data, but you would like us to store it without further processing for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- where you have objected to the processing and we are processing for our legitimate interests while it is established if our interests override your rights.
We will respond to your request in relation to any of the above rights within one month of us receiving your request unless there is likely to be a delay providing the information or response in which case we will notify you within one month of receiving the request. There will be no fee payable for us to provide you with the information requested unless the request is for duplicate copies of documents previously provided to you or we feel the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may refuse to provide the data rather than charging a fee. Where a fee is charged it will reflect the administrative costs involved in providing you with the information.
We may require identification from you for security purposes before providing any information or acting on requests. Where this is required we will notify you within one month of receipt of your request.
Where you make a request to us electronically we will endeavour to respond electronically. If you would prefer not to receive the information electronically you should request this.
If we are unable to comply with your request, we will inform you within one month of receipt of your request providing the reasons and advising you of your options to escalate the matter further.
All requests in relation to the above should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, Laura Edgeley, by email to email@example.com or in writing to: Data Protection Officer, Express Solicitors, Resolution House, 319 Palatine Road, Northenden, Manchester, M22 4HH.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office who regulate Data Protection compliance in the UK if you are not satisfied with any response provided by Express Solicitors Limited in relation to the exercise of your rights under the relevant English Data Protection law.
Changes to this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed and revised in line with further developments in data protection law.
This document was revised 14th March 2019.