Have you been the victim of an accident at work? Here at Express Solicitors we can help with your claim to ensure you receive the maximum compensation.
Types of Accident
Last year the Health & Safety Executive reported almost 165,000 accidents at work, many of which could have been prevented by safer working conditions. These were associated with a number of trades and scenarios:
- Building sites: accidents on building sites can impact a wide variety of vocations due to lack of preventative measures.
- Inadequate training: your employer has a duty to ensure you are trained for the tasks you undertake.
- Work-related road accidents: those who drive as part of their job can be at risk due to inadequate risk assessment or training.
- Industrial deafness: the 2005 Noise at Work Act ensures that employers have a duty to ensure that deafness does not occur as a result of work.
- Slip & trip at work: all work places can be hazardous – even offices, with the potential for loose wires or inadequate lighting. Slips and trips can occur anywhere.
- Electrical injury: electrical accidents are work often reach four figure numbers on a yearly basis. Poorly maintained electrical equipment is often at fault.
- Military injury: these can be avoidable. Be sure to make a claim within the applicable time limits.
- Repetitive strain injury: these can occur when work is undertaken without adequate breaks.
- Farm accidents: farms usually contain heavy machinery and hazardous terrain.
- Vibration white finger: usually a symptom of persistent use of pneumatic and drill tools, this condition can get progressively worse and have a major impact on the quality of life.
- Office: office accidents are common and can range from anything between a lifting injury to an electric shock.
- Fork lift trucks: the most common cause of warehouse accidents in the UK.
- Faulty equipment.
- Ladder falls.
Please view the information we have gathered together about a number of work accidents within this section using the links above. However, the list is not exhaustive, so don’t hesitate to get in contact to let us know about your experience.
Recording your accident within your employer’s log book is a sensible first step when you’ve had an accident within a work setting. It is also vital to call us and outline all the details so that we can determine whether you have a claim. We will be able to assess roughly what this could be worth and how long the process could take.
Why Choose Us?
We are extremely experienced and highly qualified in work-related claims – not to mention our award winning pedigree. We will quickly get to the root of your case, determining what regulations and procedures should have been followed and how much of your lost earnings will likely be recovered.
First Class Service
Our four service promises ensure that you get the advice and support you need when you need it. They are our promise to you about the level of service you should expect to receive and we are confident they will not be broken.
Contact Express solicitors today to begin your claim. Call us on 0161 904 4660 or fill out our simple to complete contact form.