Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury. We cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. Established in 2000 and we are a leading personal injury firm that prides ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and also listed in the The Lawyer UK 200 and The Legal 500.
Express is currently looking to appoint a Proclaim Developer, who will be responsible for the design, development and day to day administration of the Proclaim case management system.
The role will be working with our IT Manager, three other developers and where necessary third parties in particular Eclipse Legal Systems to ensure that all identified improvements to the system can be integrated efficiently and with minimal impact to end users.
In addition to development, the role will encompass the day to day administration of the Proclaim system including template maintenance, user configuration, task server administration and report design and execution.
The role will involve a great deal of co-operation with the general IT department and Operations department. In the interests of business efficiency and flexibility it may be necessary to provide cross-cover support to the IT department on occasion.
Up to and including Proclaim Technical Level 3 training attended or ability to demonstrate equivalent practical experience including:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Proclaim development role;
- Creating new case types, database fields and correspondents;
- Screen design and intelligence;
- Using maths fields and tests to perform specific functions;
- Workflow maintenance including creation of linked actions, forms, secure documents and master documents;
- Advanced Report training or equivalent practical experience of designing, amending and scheduling reports;
- Understanding of design and execution of SQL queries;
- Experience of designing and using auto routines;
- Import/Export routines;
- Task server configuration, scheduling and troubleshooting.
Other essential characteristics
- General understanding of common database programming and query languages;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills allowing reporting on a non-technical level of work in progress to senior stakeholders;
- Ability to clearly document and evidence planned changes using project and workflow documentation and retain current configurations for recovery purposes;
- Capacity to train other users on features of Proclaim and producing supporting instructional documentation;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Must understand the concept of internal customers and ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of Proclaim to suit the needs of the business.
- Strong negotiation skills and the capability to deal firmly with external companies to manage projects and maintenance effectively;
- Familiarity with Proclaim v3.3 and it’s additional features;
- Experience of design and execution of Macros;
- Knowledge of Proclaim Accounts system and Sage accounting software;
- Experience of Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence, Medical Agency and Costs Case types;
- Knowledge of SQL or similar database languages and ASP, PHP or similar for Web interfacing;
- HTML knowledge;
- Understanding of web services and multi-platform system interactions;
- Understanding of Proclaim A2A integration and maintenance;
- Experience of creating and maintaining Proclaim Secure Docs;
- Working knowledge of Proclaim Fileview;
- A practical knowledge of Windows based networks including Active Directory and Exchange;
- Experience of address database systems (e.g. AFD, QAS) and integration with Proclaim;
- Experience of IP telephone systems and integration with Proclaim.
Hours and benefits
Salary is depending on experience.
8:30 to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 5pm on a Friday.
It may on occasion be necessary to perform maintenance outside of core hours and therefore a flexible approach is expected when the need arises
20 days holiday per annum, plus offices closed between Christmas and New Year. Rising by a day a year to a maximum of 23 days. Medical cover after 2 years’ service
At Express Solicitors, we rate skill and ability above all else and therefore our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and Covering Letter.