Medical negligence claims calculator
You deserve to feel safe when undergoing medical treatment, either privately or on the NHS. If you’ve been injured through medical negligence, you may be able to claim compensation. Our injury compensation claims calculator will help you to see how much you could claim.
Last updated on February 1st, 2021
Get the best legal team on your side
- Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
- We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
- Early payments to cover your expenses*
- We win the cases other firms can’t
- Fully independent, and fully regulated.
* Where applicable
Find out how much you could claim
Compensation amounts are estimated based on the level of injury below
How do I know if I can make a medical negligence claim?
You may be able to make a medical negligence compensation claim if your healthcare provider has caused you harm. By law, both private and NHS healthcare providers have a duty of care to keep you safe. Most often, medical negligence claims are the result of staff negligence, for example, making mistakes during surgery or misdiagnosing patients.
If these mistakes have led to your physical harm, you could make a compensation claim. The Express Solicitors medical negligence claims calculator will help you to see what you could claim based on your injuries.
You’ll claim more with us.
We have recovered an additional £21.2m more in compensation for clients who switched to us from their previous firm. Contact us now to discover the real value of your claim.
How does the medical negligence claims calculator work?
The calculator is simple to use and provides guideline compensation amounts based on the type of injury you’ve suffered. To get started, simply:
- Select the area of your body that was affected (for example upper or lower body)
- Select the specific body part that was affected (this may be multiple injuries, so you can use the calculator more than once)
- Select how serious your injury was – minor, moderate or severe. For example, short-term damage might be considered minor, but life-changing injuries are severe.
What our medical negligence calculator doesn’t include
When we receive your medical negligence claim, we’ll also factor in loss of earnings and other costs, which are known as ‘special damages’. Our injury compensation claims calculator does not include this, so your claim could be worth more depending on your situation.
Depending on how severe your injury, you may need to pay out for adjustments to your home, or take time off work. We will consider all of this when processing your no win, no fee medical negligence claim.
What are the medical negligence claim figures based on?
This compensation calculator is based on the average settlement amounts of other recent medical negligence claims, as awarded by a judge. We regularly update these to give the most accurate figures.
The Judicial Board Guidelines can also offer guidance on specific compensation amounts based on injury to certain body parts. For example:
- Injuries to internal organs could be as high as £146,000
- Injuries which paralyse all or part of the body can range from £39,000 to £322,000
- Injuries resulting in brain damage or sensory loss could be as high as £322,000.
Start your medical negligence claim today
Compensation amounts for medical negligence claims vary enormously, so this injury compensation calculator should be used as a guideline only. Our expert medical negligence solicitors can give you the most accurate settlement figure and help you to start a no win, no fee claim. We’ve settled millions of pounds worth of cases just like yours, so contact us today to get started.