Post traumatic stress disorder claims
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a debilitating psychological condition often suffered by individuals who have been involved in high-stress or disturbing incidents, such as serious car or aeroplane crashes, natural disasters and incidents of criminal violence.
Last updated on May 4th, 2022.
How to claim for personal injury compensation
Want to know more about claiming for a personal injury? Jargon free, we’ll explain your legal rights, letting you know everything you need to know about claiming.
How much compensation can I claim for a personal injury?
Read our personal injury legal guides to understand your legal rights and how much compensation you may be able to claim.
- What compensation can I claim for a in a personal injury claim?
- How much compensation could you receive for a personal injury claim?
- What is the average settlement for a personal injury case?
- How much does it cost to make a personal injury claim?
- How long does a personal injury claim take to settle?
Claiming compensation for PTSD
Financial compensation awarded to PTSD sufferers is intended to compensate them for the pain and suffering they have experienced as a result of another person’s criminal activity or negligent behaviour. It will also help to cover loss of earnings, bills and rehabilitation and therapy costs incurred as a direct result of the disorder.
Compensation amounts awarded for PTSD can be anything from £4,000 (for individuals who experience a full recovery within a three year period), to £45,000 (for individuals whose symptoms are severe and seemingly permanent).
Get the best legal team on your side
- Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
- We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
- Early payments to cover your expenses*
- We win the cases other firms can’t
- Fully independent, and fully regulated.
* Where applicable
Your GP is the best person to contact if you are interested in finding out more about post-traumatic stress disorder and potential treatments.
If however, you would like to speak to an experienced personal injury solicitor about a potential PTSD compensation claim, call us today for free legal advice and help with your claim.