Get the best legal team on your side
- Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
- We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
- Early payments to cover your expenses*
- We win the cases other firms can’t
- Fully independent, and fully regulated.
* Where applicable
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault or suffered illness while on holiday or travelling by air or sea, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
Making a holiday accident claim
You could able to recover compensation for overseas accidents and illness including, but not limited to the below categories:
- An accident in an overseas hotel or resort premises, such as a trip, slip or fall on a wet floor in the hotel or by the pool;
- Illness suffered while on holiday, such as food poisoning from food and drink provided by the hotel;
- An accident while on an excursion during your holiday;
- An accident while you were travelling by air;
- An accident while you were a passenger on a cruise ship;
- A road traffic accident abroad, whether you were the driver, passenger or a pedestrian;
- A coach accident;
- An accident while taking part in a winter sports activity;
- Serious injuries or fatal accidents overseas.
Our Travel Claims team includes solicitors who have had experience of working for holiday tour and cruise operators. They are familiar with issues of which country the claim can be brought in and the different time limits and procedures for bringing certain types of claims, such as air and cruise accidents which are governed by specific international Conventions.
Our solicitors work on a “no win no fee” basis. We have successfully handled many package holiday accident and illness claims against the well known holiday companies in the UK.
Package holiday claims
A package holiday is defined as a ‘pre-arranged holiday where there is a combination of the following; transport, accommodation, or other tourist services’. When making a claim for package holiday compensation, it is important to consider that safe or acceptable standards are based on local standards abroad, not UK ones. It is important to keep records whilst on your holiday of how the accident happened, any witness names with their contact details, and also to keep receipts of any extra expenses you have had to incur.
Package holiday claims are bought under the ‘Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 92’.
It is important to note that different legislation applies to travel by sea, therefore if you have had an accident on a cruise ship you may wish to view our Sea Injury claims page.
Get in touch
We have a proven track record for handling holiday accident and illness claims.
So if you or someone you know has had an accident or illness referred to above, please call our solicitors now for a free assessment of your claim.