Holiday accident claims & accidents abroad claims
If you’ve been injured or involved in an accident while on holiday, you may be able to claim compensation. Speak with our specialist holiday accident claims solicitors today to find out how much you may be able to claim.
Last Updated November 6th, 2023
The most important things to remember when claiming for an accident abroad:
- Tour operators, hotels, and resorts are legally responsible for taking all necessary steps to ensure your health and safety during your stay. If their duty of care has been compromised due to negligence, you have a legal right to claim for the pain and suffering caused
- You can claim compensation for an accident on holiday if someone else was to blame for the accident. You may have a right to claim if your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, a lack of health and safety standards, or a breach of foreign law
- The amount of compensation our solicitors may be able to claim for you will depend on the severity of your injuries and the effects they will have on your life
- The time limit to start a holiday accident claim differs from country to country and, in some cases, can be shorter than the three years you have in the UK
Get the best legal team on your side
- Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
- We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
- Early payments to cover your expenses*
- We win the cases other firms can’t
- Fully independent, and fully regulated.
* Where applicable
What types of holiday accidents can I claim compensation for?
With over twenty years of experience successfully handling holiday claims, the most common types of holiday accident claims include:
- Accidents while travelling abroad, including accidents while boarding flights and while travelling to your destination
- Road accidents abroad when you’ve been involved in a car accident through no fault of your own
- Accidents at hotels and resorts, such as slips, trips and falls on poorly maintained or uneven surfaces or staircases
- Accidents at hotels caused by insufficient lighting or inadequate signage
- Accidents at hotels caused by negligent supervision or instruction in and around swimming pools and water slides
- Accidents at hotels caused by faulty, damaged or poorly maintained furniture or equipment
- Accidents caused by insufficient warning of risks or safety procedures
- Accidents and illnesses, such as food poisoning on cruise ships
- Sporting injuries, especially skiing accidents abroad
- Criminal assault
With over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise, we win cases other firms can not. Get in touch today with our team of no win no fee solicitors today.
How long do I have to make a claim for an accident abroad?
In the UK, you usually have up to three years from the date of your accident to start your claim. However, the time limit to start a holiday accident claim differs from country to country and, in some cases, can be shorter.
We recommend that you speak to our experience holiday claims solicitors, and we can advise you of your legal rights once we know where your holiday accident took place.
How much compensation can I claim for a holiday accident?
The amount of compensation our solicitors may be able to claim for you will depend on the severity of your injuries and the effects they will have on your life. You may be entitled to claim for the following:
- The cost of your holiday if your injuries ruined the remainder of your holiday
- The pain and suffering caused, including emotional distress or trauma
- Any loss of income or pension
- Any costs associated with your rehabilitation or ongoing medical treatment
- Any costs for the care you may have or will need to receive, even if a family member or friend provides this
- Any out-of-pocket expenses you or anyone who has cared for you may have incurred
Speak with our expert holiday claims solicitors today to find out how much you may be able to claim for your accident while on holiday. Alternatively, try our compensation claim calculator to find out how much you may be able to claim.
You’ll claim more with us.
We have recovered an additional £21.2m more in compensation for clients who switched to us from their previous firm.
Contact us now to discover the real value of your claim.
Can I make a no win no fee holiday accident compensation claim?
Yes. Our holiday accident compensation claims legal services are provided on a no win, no fee basis.
When a no win no fee agreement is set up, your solicitor will take an insurance policy out on your behalf, which protects you in the rare event the claim isn’t successful.
The policy covers any costs incurred relating to your claim. These costs could include legal fees, medical reports, court, and other expenses.
The insurance policy, known as after-the-event insurance, fully protects the person claiming if the claim is unsuccessful and from any costs during the compensation claim process, meaning you can claim without paying a penny.
You will only pay a fee if your claim is successful, and the amount will be agreed upon when you enter into the agreement at the start of the claim process.
What evidence do I need to start a holiday accident claim?
With over two decades of experience successfully representing people who have suffered injuries abroad, we are here to help you claim what you are legally entitled to.
Claiming for compensation for holiday accidents abroad can be complicated, especially as the claims usually need to be made in the country where the accident occurred.
We may ask you for some information about your claim. The more information you can provide, the better we can advise you of your rights and the better case we can put forward on your behalf.
We may ask some of the following questions;
- When, where and how your accident happened
- The level of suffering you may have suffered as a result
- Who you think may have been at fault
- If you have any of the following (if applicable) witness statements, accident reports, photographs, police reports, or CCTV of the accident scene
- What medical reports or diagnosis and treatment has taken place
- How it has affected your life, including any financial losses
Contact us today, and our friendly, experienced holiday claims solicitors will provide free, unlimited legal advice. We’ll be able to let you know your legal rights, including if you can make a claim.
We understand the financial impact of an accident.
In 99% of cases, we recovered more compensation than the insurer’s first offer. We’ll provide financial security with our interim payments wherever possible, meaning you don’t need to rush into an offer that is lower than you’re legally entitled to.
What should I do if I have an accident abroad?
If you have had an accident while on holiday, we recommend you should do the following:
- Seek medical treatment immediately – both for your well-being, but if you don’t, then it may affect the success of your claim
- Report your holiday accident to the hotel staff or your travel representative, where relevant, as soon as possible
- Record your accident in any relevant accident book
- Take photographs or video of the accident scene
- Take the contact details of any witnesses
- Keep receipts for any expenses incurred
Unlimited legal support.
That’s right, we provide unlimited legal support for our prospective clients. Not sure if you have a claim, or if you even want to make a claim?
You can speak with us for as long as you like and as many times as you like. We’ll let you know your legal rights, completely free of charge and with no obligation to make a claim.
Can I claim compensation for an accident abroad if I was on a packaged holiday?
Yes, you can make a claim for your holiday accident under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Even if the accident took place in a hotel, the tour operator of your package holiday is ultimately liable for the accident, so the claim would be put to them.
How long does a holiday accident claim take?
There is no set timeframe for a holiday accident claim. The amount of time it may take for your claim to settle will depend on how and where the injury occurred, how complex your claim is and how difficult it may be to prove liability.
Can I make a holiday accident claim for a holiday in the UK?
Yes, of course. You can claim compensation if you were involved in an accident while on holiday in the UK if the accident was a result of someone else’s negligence.
Why choose Express Solicitors?
At Express Solicitors, we offer more than 20 years of experience settling holiday accident claims just like yours. We understand the complexities of international law and individual legislation for different types of holidays. We also specialise in taking on cases that others turn away – resulting in hundreds of millions of pounds awarded in compensation.
With all claims handled sensitively and professionally, we can file your claim on a no win, no fee basis, so there’s no need to worry about being out of pocket. Start your holiday accident compensation claim with us today and find out how much compensation you could be legally entitled to.