Personal injury claims calculator
If you’ve suffered a personal injury that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim compensation. Whether you were at work, in hospital or a public place, you deserve to feel safe. Our personal injury claims calculator can help you to see what you could claim..
Last updated on May 4th, 2022.
How does the personal injury claims calculator work?
Our simple personal injury compensation claim calculator provides an estimate based on the seriousness of your injury. To get started, simply:
- Select the area of your body that was affected (for example, upper or lower body)
- Select the specific body part that was affected (you may have to do this more than once)
- Select how serious your injury was – minor, moderate or severe. A sprain might be considered minor, whereas sensory loss might be considered severe, for example.
Find out how much you could claim
Compensation amounts are estimated based on the level of injury below
You’ll claim more with us.
We have recovered an additional £21.2m more in compensation for clients who switched to us from their previous firm. Contact us now to discover the real value of your claim.
What our personal injury calculator includes
The calculator analyses ‘general damages’, which relate to the physical and mental damage you’ve suffered. The more severe the damage, the higher your claim estimate is likely to be.
What our personal injury calculator doesn’t include
The calculator does not look at where your injury occurred, for example at work or in public. This may affect your settlement because of specific laws, and may also affect how long your claim takes.
The personal injury calculator does not include ‘special damages’. These are costs to you as a result of your personal injury, such as loss of earnings from time taken off work, or travel to hospital appointments.
Don’t worry – we’ll factor in all of these when we start your personal injury compensation claim.
How to claim for personal injury compensation
Want to know more about claiming for a personal injury? Jargon free, we’ll explain your legal rights, letting you know everything you need to know about claiming.
How much compensation can I claim for a personal injury?
Read our personal injury legal guides to understand your legal rights and how much compensation you may be able to claim.
- What compensation can I claim for a in a personal injury claim?
- How much compensation could you receive for a personal injury claim?
- What is the average settlement for a personal injury case?
- How much does it cost to make a personal injury claim?
- How long does a personal injury claim take to settle?
What are the personal injury claim figures based on?
Our injury compensation claim calculator gives estimates based on average claim amounts from previous personal injury claims, as awarded by judges. We update these periodically to give you the most accurate information.
Personal injury claims are partly based on the Judicial Board Guidelines, which offer example compensation amounts based on specific bodily injury. For example:
- Shoulder injuries can range from £6,000 to £38,000
- Arm and wrist injuries can range from £2,000 to £100,000
- Neck and back injuries can range from £6,000 to £120,000
- Head injuries can range from £5,000 to £300,000.
Get the best legal team on your side
- Over 1,000 years of combined legal expertise
- We’ll get you more compensation than anyone else
- Early payments to cover your expenses*
- We win the cases other firms can’t
- Fully independent, and fully regulated.
* Where applicable
Start your personal injury claim today
While it is good to use our personal injury compensation calculator as a guideline, you can only get an accurate figure by getting in touch with Express Solicitors. Our experts have more than 20 years’ experience and have settled millions in personal injury compensation claims just like yours. Contact us today to start your no win, no fee claim.