Express Solicitors are delighted to announce that Associate Solicitor, Robert Weeden, has been awarded the Association for Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) Senior Litigator status. In order to achieve this status, Robert had to ensure that he completed a number of different legal tasks and scenarios that can arise when making a personal injury claim.
To gain Senior Litigator status, Robert had to ensure he could demonstrate that he was competent in the following:
– Taking initial instructions
– Dealing with funding and regulatory matters
– Advising the client and managing their expectations
– Planning the case, gathering evidence and making the claim
– Dealing with the defendant and other parties
– Issuing proceedings, the allocation stage and case management conferences
– Managing disclosure
– Drafting documents
– Instructing counsel and experts
– Preparing and managing the trial
Robert also had to show a certain level of training which had to be approved by another Senior Litigator with extensive experience in the industry.
Gaining Senior Litigator status is a massive achievement; it shows Express Solicitors’ clients that Robert is dedicated to the causes of APIL in helping to achieve justice for injured clients.