The Driver that hit me wasn’t insured… or didn’t stop!

If you are involved in a road traffic accident where the guilty party is either not insured or didn’t stop after the accident you might think you cannot claim compensation. However, there is an organisation known as the Motor Insurers Bureau who will often compensate injured people in such circumstances.Anna Heeley Head

The Motor Insurers Bureau (the MIB) are a non-profit organisation who help and compensate victims of uninsured and untraced (hit-and-run) drivers. The MIB is funded by all UK insurers who contribute to the scheme to ensure that there are funds available to pay compensation to innocent victims of uninsured and untraced motorists.

You can claim against the MIB as a driver, passenger or pedestrian and Express Solicitors can guide you through every step of the claim. Being involved in an accident can be stressful enough without having the additional stress of finding out the other party was not insured or not being able to locate their details if you were involved in some kind of hit and run accident.

At Express Solicitors we are experienced in dealing with claims against the MIB and will normally represent our clients on and “no-win no fee” basis.  As with the claim against an insurance company we will make sure that appropriate evidence is obtained in respect of any injuries you have suffered and that you receive proper advice as to the potential value of your claim. We will make sure that you recover the compensation that you are entitled to for both bodily injury and, if appropriate, damage to your property.

If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraced driver then contact us as soon as possible to see if we can help you in making a claim against the MIB.

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.